Oakley Sunglasses For A Square Face
Before buying sunglasses, it is important that you know your face shape. This article will help people who have a square shaped face to pick a perfect pair of sunglasses:
What is a Square Shaped Face?
People with a square faced shape have wide cheekbones, a strong jaw line, and a broad forehead. These people should opt for sunglasses that will give their face a softer look.
Tips for Choosing Sunglasses for Square-Shaped Faces
When picking sunglasses, it is important that you follow a few tips. They are:
- Pick a pair that will help you in softening the jaw line. Pick round, oval and curved frames, so that they can provide contrast and balance.
- The frames should be higher on the face, so that it balances the jaw line.
- Do not opt for boxy frames, as they make a face look more angular.
- Opt for cat eye sunglasses, as they will complement an angular face.
Frames to Try
- Try round and oval sunglasses
- Opt for butterfly shaped sunglasses.
- Sunglasses with temples that connect at the top of the frame and are set in the centre.
Frames to Avoid
- Do not buy square or geometric framed sunglasses, as they will emphasize on the angles of the face.
- Do not buy sunglasses that have accents at the bottom because they will draw attention to your chin area.
It is important that you follow these tips so that your face looks more balanced. Go to shadesdaddy.com to pick the perfect pair for yourself.
Best Sunglasses for Square Shaped Faces
Here are frames that are suitable for people with a square face:
Aviator sunglasses are oval shaped, which are the exact opposite of a square. These glasses have a thin metal frame and gained popularity in the 1960s. These sunglasses look very nice on men that have square shaped faces.
These are round shaped glasses, and are commonly known as ‘John Lennon glasses’. They were worn to make a face look more aesthetically pleasing. Some of the people who wore these include:
- Boy George
- Jerry Garcia
- John Lennon
- Liam Gallagher
- Mick Jagger
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Roger Daltrey
Cat Eye Glasses
These sunglasses are shaped like a cat’s eye, as the name suggests. They have horn rims with flared out edges. They became popular in the 1960s and celebrities like Dinah Manoff, Marilyn Monroe and Barbara Windsor wore them.
Oakley Sunglasses For People With a Square Face
Here are some of the Oakley Sunglasses that look good on people with square faces:
- Oakley Frogskins (Crystal Black 03-292)
- Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 (Polished Black OO9144-04 Polarized)
- Oakley Holbrook (Polished Black OO9102-02 Polarized)
Follow these tips and you will surely find a good pair of sunglasses for yourself. Good luck!